If your battery gauge, charge indicator, fuel meter or whatever you want to call it does not show a full charge, follow the instructions below to calibrate it.
Battery Pack Reset - Do this first please!
First we will try to reset the battery pack to be sure it is getting the fullest charge possible. Follow these steps:
1. If you've just finished riding make sure you let the battery sit and cool off for at least 1 hour.
2. Charge your BionX battery fully until the charger light shows green.
3. Ride your bike until the battery gauge shows "empty"
4. Let the battery rest and cool off for at least 1 hour
5. Charge your BionX battery fully until the charger light shows green.
6. Let the battery rest for another 1 hr
7. Charge your BionX battery fully until the charger light shows green.
8. Attach the battery to your bike and turn on the system.
Then recalibrate the battery gauge by holding down the MODE button for 20 seconds - wait for a loud beep - then release the MODE button. If it doesn't work, retry the above steps a second time. Sometimes it takes 2 runs through to get it to grab.
After following the above procedure, the battery should now be as fully charged as possible. The battery should have also reset the high point which it will charge to. Install the battery on your bike and check the battery reading. If the battery gauge still doesn't show full charged you must recalibrate the battery gauge manually (see below).