Last Reviewed: Mon, 27/Mar/2017
Distance per charge (Range)
This is one of our most difficult questions because of the number of variables. Consider these things:
1) Speed and range are inversely proportional. The faster you go, the less distance you will go on a charge.
2) Smooth tires will give better range than knobby tires.
3) High pressure tires will give better range than low pressure tires.
4) Hills, especially long and/or steep ones, use a lot of power.
5) Temperature affects range. Cold batteries shorten range.